Overcome Your Bulimia and Anorexia Today!
Remove Your Subconscious Blockages Forcing You To Obsess About Food With This New Programme” At Harley Street Psychology
…one 2 hour session maybe all you need to create significant change, removing the misery of your Bulimia and Anorexia Call Now: on 0207 060 5257 for a FREE 30 minute assessment
The two most common forms of eating disorder are Bulimia Nervosa and Anorexia Nervosa. Both have similarities and marked differences. Bulimia is where the individual suffering will binge at various points during the day when their emotional stress increases beyond the point of being able to “cope”. There is a desperation to binge due to the extended periods of restriction prior to the binge. When the desire to purge arises, the misuse of medications, laxatives, alcohol and drugs may be used. Bulimics live with the constant anxiety and fear of putting on weight in addition to the belief that they cannot control the amount of food they eat.
They will begin to exercise excessively and use any form of medication to assist in the prevention of weight gain. Bulimia is particularly dangerous for the individual due to the severe and long lasting physical impact on the body from the constant need to purge. There is a 50% higher chance for bulimics to have a heart attack due to the constant purging. Without the right form of treatment like the one on offer at Harley Street Psychology, there is a greater chance that the negative behaviours and thinking patterns you may be experiencing will be solidified through repetition. Bulimia affects a remarkably large amount of men and women which in turn may lead to the creation of Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD).
Anorexia on the other hand, is the desperate need to restrict the amount of food being taken in. due to the desperate need for controlling one of life’s necessities… Food, Anorexia is high representative of the feelings of being out of control in many of the sufferers. There are numerous behaviours and thinking patterns particular to Anorexia which make this a particularly difficult and in many cases near impossible disorder to cure.
Due to the lack of nourishment, the brain begins to disintegrate leading to memory impairment and an inability to process information making external intervention more difficult. Any “fuel” reserves that the body is holding onto soon become depleted leading to the body turning on itself and devouring muscle content making it that much harder to function even on a physical level. It is essential to get the correct type of help because Anorexia can eventually lead to further distortions in one personality.
What is Eating Disorder Counselling & Psychotherapy?
Counselling and psychotherapy WILL help with the psychological causes of problems related with food. Eating disorder counsellors and psychotherapists will help you control issues with comfort eating, pre-occupation with weight, binge-dieting, negative body image and eating disorders such as Bulimia and Anorexia.
Within the United Kingdom, NICE guidelines make the recommendation that Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is used as the treatment of choice for Bulimia and Anorexia Nervosa. The Recommended amount of sessions for treatment is between 16 – 20 sessions, HOWEVER our research has shown that a 2 hour intensive session using the Harley Street Psychology Method places you in a powerful position to make the choice of maintaining with consistency the new behaviours and thinking that you will establish during your time working with your therapist. So powerful infact that ensuring the continuity using the HSP Method you will never have to see another health professional again.
What are the benefits of eating disorder Counselling and Psychotherapy?
- Immediately understand the root cause of the eating issues
- Assess and retrain yourself with new thoughts, feelings and behaviours that break the easting disordered cycle
- Develop key insights into your self and self image which will break future triggers
- Adopt new eating behaviours and positive thinking attached to the eating
- Destroy the critical voice that is in your head for good
- Introducing new effective behaviours to replace vomiting, laxative abuse, over-exercise, food behaviours and your overall relationship with food.
How do I know if I have an eating disorder?
Some Key Signs:
- Does controlling food preoccupy your thinking?
- Have you lost a lot of weight, or using unhealthy means of losing weight?
- Do you hide food for binging later, or hide food to show others that you have eaten?
- Do you make excuses to not eat around other people only to feel like you’ve accomplished something positive by “duping” them?
- Do you have “safe clothes” to maximise or hide your shape?
- Do you abuse laxatives, made yourself sick or exercise excessively in relation to eating too much or needing to lose weight?
- Do you feel like you are losing control in life?
- Have people commented about your weight or eating habits?
Eating Disorder Counselling at Harley Street Psychology™ London
Harley Street Psychology is a renowned clinic for Bulimia Treatment and Anorexia Treatment. The Amalgam of experience and expertise at HSP will provide you a platform not only for the best and most effective treatment available but empower you to get back the life you want. You can book an appointment today for swift bulimia recovery.
Do you feel alone and helpless not knowing where or who to turn to?
The truth is, there is someone who can help you. We have seen and helped people, from all over the world, even when others have been unable. People just like you, who have tried every option available and have given up all hope of curing Bulimia and Anorexia. We have been central in assisting people to achieve the lives they could only wish for, personally, one on one with countless people just like you.
Harley Street Psychology, founded by Clinical Director Massimo Stocchi has been focused on the last 8 years developing, refining, and fine tuning the proven formula’s for effectively eliminating Bulimia and Anorexia and reveal everything to you in the session you will book with us. Our system makes it fast, quick and easy for anyone to learn how to feel comfortable and confident around food and guilt free, regardless of the period of time you have suffered with your eating disorder.
NOW is the time YOU CAN gain control of your life and your health without drugs or months and years of therapy… achieve your life ambitions without an eating disorder holding you back… and overcome these physical symptoms:
▪ Obsessing over food
▪ Fear of putting on weight
▪ Uncontrollable addictive urges
▪ Comfort eating
▪ Wasting excessive amounts of money on food
▪ Avoiding going out just so you can stay home and binge
▪ Wasting time
▪ Low self esteem
Further reading on Body image related concerns and Eating disorders and Counselling/Psychotherapy:
- Night time Eater, how to manage nigh time eating and binge eating: Don Orwell
- Eating Disorders For Dummies: Susan Schulherr
- Eating Disorders Sourcebook: Sandra Judd
- The Truth about Eating Disorders: Robert Golden, Fred Peterson
Content is copyright of Harley Street Psychology LTD™